Monday, June 7, 2010

Here

I've never given up so much for You
I've never been quick to obey
But this time I knew the voice was You
And so I gave all I gave

I’ve heard it said that when You’re needed most
Sometimes it seems that You’re not there
So it’s been hard to love the choice I chose
When it seemed to me You’d all but disappeared

But now You’re here just like the sun after the rain
And now You’re here just like the calm after the waves
And I don’t mean to sound surprised that you’d be near
But yesterday I wasn’t sure
Praise God You’re here.

I’ve heard that even in the eaglets’ nest,
The mother watches when they fall
And they would never learn to spread their wings if she came right as they called

And so I'm falling in the open sky
And it's been hard to even breathe
I've been waiting for a Father's love to carry me
To carry me


And like the years before I met you, you were still there
Though it took so long to see you, you were still there
And you're still here

--Katy Kinard

No comments:

Post a Comment